Wednesday, March 31, 2010

What Do I Want?...Perfect Imperfection

Sam Keen said, "We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly."

So who is the perfect woman? I suppose, it depends on the man who is searching, obviously, so I can only speak for myself, as I can only seek the woman that is perfect for me. I think the perfect woman inspires a man to be a better man, and just by virtue of the fact that they are together, he is a better man. She will make a man feel like he has hit the lottery every time he sees her come into a room; the woman he is be proud to be with and who is proud to be with him.

In my case, I want to meet the woman whose heart I can make sing with laughter and joy. Since I am just a little bit crazy and have a couple of holes in my head, I would like to find the woman that has bumps in her head that fit the holes in mine. She is my "Princess Buttercup" that understands exactly what I mean when I say, "As you wish." and understands why every argument ends with me saying, "Yes dear."

I would really like to meet a woman who appreciates maturity and judgment and has finally gotten fed up with being treated badly by the bad boys in her life. She will be the woman that knows everything there is to know about me and likes me anyway. Thus, she will be my best friend; a woman that I love and like. She is the woman with whom I can talk until the wee hours of the morning and when we both look at the clock; we wonder how it has gotten to be so late.

The love of my life is someone that we can get to know each other, share experiences and see where life takes us. We will develop a relationship and build our own history together. We will share the adventures, the joys and the disappointments. Any couple can stay together in the good times, but a couple truly in love endures the bad times with a certain pride in knowing they are getting through it together. They know they could have gotten through it alone, but are so much happier to gone through it together.

My perfect imperfection will judge a man by the content of his character, not the thickness of his wallet, nor that his flowing mane of hair, nor six-pack abs. She is the woman who shares her inner self, her wants, needs, desires, goals and aspirations, the woman that will let me earn her trust.

The woman I long for is not afraid to let herself be vulnerable, knowing I will protect her. When someone makes her cry, I will ask, "Whose ass do I need to kick?" I will hold her when she needs to be comforted, but let her be her own woman. She will know I support her unconditionally and will never judge her. She will know that she holds my heart in the palm of your hand.She is beautiful, sensual and passionate, both inside and out, a woman that is simple, direct and has a healthy look; a woman confident enough and comfortable enough in her own skin to know what she wants.

She will like to slow dance in the living room, just the two of us, with a soft love song on the stereo. She will be quick to smile, but not afraid to cry. I will inspire her to be the woman willing to try new things with a sense of adventure and excitement, and if she fails, I will be there alongside her picking up the pieces, encouraging her to try again.

This is my perfect imperfection…

No comments:

Post a Comment