Thursday, August 19, 2010

Why Do Beautiful Women Date Ugly Men?

This is a question some people actually ponder all their lives. Mostly, its people who are into vanity, thinking the stunning girl must be out of her mind, but the truth remains a mystery to the small minded of this world. All the handsome guys want the girl, all the average girls look down on her, but perhaps that ugly guy could teach you a thing or two. I did some thinking and with some study I worked it out. It is true love and it's a good yarn to read.

I don't know how you think or how you behave but let me tell you how I discover the things I want to know.

If I want to know something, the first thing I do is ask someone who should know the answer to my question. I grew up asking heaps of questions. I still ask them of learned people and I search out things myself. When I asked my mother a question I had about the Bible once, I stumped her and I learned there is always a higher authority. Sometimes I asked my mother or father a question, went to books written on the subject of my question and still come up short. I am very deep sometimes and sometimes I want the deep answer. Sometimes I don't ask people a question, I simply think about it for a long time. The question of why that stunning girl dates that ugly guy I worked out by myself and by chatting with some very pretty women.

There are three reasons people give me when I ask them, why pretty women date ugly guys. Two of them I will mention. Then, after I mention them I will go on to the third, deeper and more loving reason that I discovered.

People say pretty women date ugly guys because:

1. The guy has got something she really desires in life. Most often, this is money and possessions and the capacity for her to live her life with no worry about money. This can even be something noble, he is a respected film producer and she is a talented actress, for example.

2. Or, the guy can supply her with all the drugs she wants to take to be out of her mind and have a good time in her youth.

I often looked at Mick Jagger and wondered, was it just 1 and 2 that the pretty girls that have been in his life fell for?  I think it may be one and two but possibly the third that I will share.

So why else does a pretty lass fall in love with an ugly guy?

The little baby girl is complimented on her really pretty features from the time she is born.  A really cute baby gets a mother plenty of compliments and most of them are by women to mom.  Sure, the father may be complimented too, but the prettiness of a little girl seems to be credited to her pretty mother, more often than not.

If the mother is into her pretty little daughter a lot, the mother might even go as far as to enter her child in baby beauty contests. If the little girl smiles in her picture and is really judged by the judges of prettiness as the best child, the mother will have a ribbon or a framed picture of that to show her daughter when she is old enough.  In our modern times even video of the event, al la JonBenet Ramsey, a video that we have all seen as nauseum.

When I was a growing teenager, I used to see a really pretty girl and thought it was a compliment to tell them that they were really pretty and then ask them if they had ever considered being a model. I did this a lot as I was mixed up sort of guy, who didn't get a lot of love in his life. Talking to pretty girls and keeping them in conversation made me feel good, but one thing I noticed after using the line many times was that the pretty girls didn't really think they had been complimented. In fact, on many occasions, they cut me short and made it clear that my line of speech was not at all appreciated.

Why was this so? I had to ask myself. Why would a stunning girl get offended by a boy or a man telling her she was stunning?

Do you know the one thing that a really pretty girl most often misses out on? Genuine love and appreciation for the talents she has inside her and for her heart and her secret desires to impact the world in which she lives. People seem to see her only skin deep and some stunning young girls in this world are told to be quiet when they try to prove that they are also very intelligent.

I have to laugh; the other day I saw a very attractive attorney at the courtouse.  I pointed her out to another man that was walking next to me and he agreed this beautiful, intelligent woman was in another class. He joked that he wished he could get her business card and use her for his law work. He had reduced an obviously accomplished and educated woman to the sum of her bodily parts. I don’t think he will ever realize that he was missing out on the majority of what made her attractive, at least to me.  I myself must acknowledge taht it was her beauty that attracted my attention.

It's a sad truth that most men prefer blondes and many brunettes dye their hair blonde to cater to this bias in men, yet this self same evil world we live in comes out with a hundred and one dumb blonde jokes. Do you know what we are saying as we share these dumb blonde jokes and laugh in the presence of a blonde who can hear it? We are saying, dress up for me, look pretty, be a lady in public and a sex object behind closed doors, but shut your mouth because we don't want to hear anything you say! The only thing a stunning blonde or brunette can never be sure of is this; they can never be sure men love them for who they are inside or for what they look like on the outside. This is a sad way to live.

Yet along comes an ugly guy and the one thing that he can be very confident of is that his friends love him for who he is and not what he looks like. No one hangs around an ugly guy with no money and no drugs because of fringe benefits. Therefore, if you meet an ugly guy that has heaps of friends, you have met one guy that has met this hypocritical and shallow educated world we live in head on, and triumphed.

These ugly guys that conquered the world have magnetism, because there is nothing that attracts like skin and outer beauty that this sick world considers to be worth more than gold. Their beauty is an inner beauty that cannot be bought, traded or copied. An ugly guy like this has a lot of real life questions he can answer for you and if you are lacking in love for yourself in areas of your life, most often he will have the key.

Let me say here, that I rarely meet people that I could ever call ugly, as I am connected to hearts and not the outer appearance in people.

We all like to say that it's not the looks of a person that counts, it's what's inside; the old “you can’t judge a book by its cover” theory. However, every advertisement selling us things has handsome people selling them and we spend a fortune trying to look good and a lot less money trying to become better people on the inside.

So here comes the true love

One day a truly stunningly beautiful girl meets an ugly guy at work. Let's just say he is studying at a university or some college and she is studying to become a psychologist.

He is washing dishes and busy working for $8.50 an hour and she is a waitress who keeps on adding dirty dishes to his bench with no room on it for anything else.  The whole floor is full of pots and he is going flat out. She gets upset with some of her customers sometimes, but he is always there with understanding and will even stop washing to console her and say:

"People want their own way in life and sometimes the meal and the way you serve them is not to their liking. Most times they are just taking something out on you because they have had a bad day and can find fault in something they didn't like in you or the food. They are simply dumping on you. Don't worry about it," he smiles. "You dump dishes down on me all the time and even when I am busy I have the time to give you a hug and chat, and do you see me complaining? No. That's because this is my job here to wash dirty dishes and make un-appreciated waitresses feel better." Once again he is smiling and he turns back to the dishes. The waitress walks out smiling feeling happier, and happy he is such a giving and positive workmate.

When they have a beer together after the restaurant is closed and after he has asked her about all her dreams and desires in life, and given her his input and his time, she may ask him what he wants to do in his life. He is a simple man. He simply wants to change people's hearts. His simplicity, honesty and creativity are three things that make this woman want to know him more and she is fascinated with how he says that he wants to do for people what she will be doing in therapy. Before long she is standing in front of him, packed with emotion, crying and within a month this woman and her dishwasher are in love, for all the right reasons. She does not see him as ugly and he does not look at her outer shell, and that's why that stunning girl dates that ugly guy.

Postscript.

This was one of the first things I wrote in February, 2010, but I was not sure that this would be something people would read; first, because it was long and second because of the topic. In fact, in my local shopping mall I struck up conversations with four women I did not know, an act of bravery in itself, and asked them if they saw the headline in a magazine, would they pick up the magazine and read it. The girls said yes and then told me I could not leave until I had let them read it.

I invite you to browse through my postings and see if another headline grabs you.

No comments:

Post a Comment